High Speed Access
What is Wireless?
Who needs Wireless?
Everyone is familiar with Internet via the telephone line. Others have seen or heard about High-Speed Internet such as DSL, Cable and T-1 lines. In much the same way as a stereo transmits sound to a speaker via electrical wire, these methods rely on copper wire to deliver the Internet to your computer or network.
Utilizing a concept similar to handheld walkie-talkies, CB and Amateur radio, Locl.net Wireless Internet uses the air to deliver the Internet to you. This is accomplished with a base radio and antenna that communicate with other radios for a distance of up to 16 miles.
The advantages of delivering Internet using this technology are numerous.
Just some of these are:
- Flexibility - Locl.net Wireless will operate up to 16 miles from our base station. The only consideration is "line of sight" from your location to Locl.net's tower. The increased ability to tailor bandwidth needs per location allows businesses to only purchase the speed they need, not what we have.
- Speed - Not only are Internet "speeds" dramatically faster but times from order to implementation are much faster, too. Typical turn-around times are projected to be 7 business days or less. Compare this to 30 days or more for T-1's and possibly years for DSL and cable modem service availability.
- Price - Initial install and hardware costs for T-1's can be 2-3 times of Locl.net Wireless. Avoiding monthly telephone company costs can result in savings of $300.00 per month or more.
- No contract's necessary - All that is needed to begin Locl.net Wireless is the (non-refundable) cost of installation along with the first month of service. Service can be terminated at any time after the 1st month without penalty.
- Range of up to 16 miles.
- With a data rate of 11 Mbps, the system is faster than a T1 data link.